Saturday, April 24, 2010

Proposal Daydreaming in the 12th Grade

I'll never forget how hard I studied for my senior year biology class and how fascinated I was about topics like the cell membrane of the red blood cell! 

Ha, let's be real. 

I was a horrible student. Hardly listened, definitely never studied... Instead, I spent the entire hour of my second block daydreaming about the most perfect proposals. I remember like it was yesterday whispering ideas to my friends in between lectures. Considering how young and inexperienced I was in love, I actually came up with a few pretty good ones:

Puppy Love. Boyfriend quietly places new pet puppy on couch, where his girlfriend is taking a late afternoon nap. He steps out of sight. Mid-dream she wakes up, her eyes slowly focus, and she sees the cutest puppy in the world playfully kissing her face. She immediately smiles, jumps up, and hugs the puppy. So happy but confused as to where the puppy came from, she notices a tiny red card hanging from the puppy's neck that reads, "Puppy Love." She holds her heart and smiles. Her boyfriend appears out of no where in front of her, gets down on one knee and proposes. :-)

It's A Perfect Day. Horseback riding through a vineyard, he leads you to a surprise picnic set for two. A bottle of wine, cheese, and grapes sit perfectly placed on the blanket. You kiss some, you laugh a lot, you can't imagine a more perfect day. Until... 

Spa Bliss. You just finished one of the most stressful work weeks of your life, and your ever so sweet and thoughtful boyfriend treats you to a full spa day because you deserve it! :-) One mani, pedi, facial and glass of bubbly later, you find yourself at your final treatment- the full body massage. Midway through the most relaxing massage of your life, the masseuse asks you to flip and face down. You are in pure bliss and can think nothing else other than, "I love my boyfriend. He's so amazing. I love my boyfriend. He's so amazing!" You're motioned to flip back around. You sit up, open your eyes, and notice that the room is now filled with red roses and candles are everywhere. Just to your right, wearing a suit, with a rose in hand stands the love of your life!





1 comment: