Sunday, April 18, 2010

Secret Spots in NYC that Make My Heart Smile :-)

New York City, arguably the most romantic city in the world. And, I'm lucky enough to live here. I find it charming simply stepping outside of my West Village apartment. My local deli's flower stand to my right, the garden where Miranda said "I do" to Steve across the street, the blue spring skies framed by the city's rustic architecture above... every morning makes my heart smile. Beauty like this is everywhere in the city... you just have to pause for a moment to realize. Here are a few of my most favorite secret spots.
  • Central Park Boathouse. I've spent a handful of sunny days having a bellini at the restaurant, followed by a boat row on the lake. Not many people even know that you can also reserve a gondola ride, complete with a singing Gondolier and a complimentary bottle of wine. The perfect combination of fresh air, a mid-afternoon buzz, and a peaceful perspective of the city.
  • Sunset Sail on the Schooner Adirondack. Such a hidden gem. I found this through Goldstar events. For not even $20, you can sail the New York harbor with unforgettable views of the Statue of Liberty and the rest of Manhattan. We always make sure to pack a cheese and meat plate to share. Wine and beer are complimentary while aboard. It's hands down one of the most intimate ways to watch the sunset over the city's skyline.   
  • Queens County Farm. I know it's hard to imagine Queens being romantic, but you'll be pleasantly surprised after a trip to Queens Farm. I went last Fall. So adorable. They had a corn maze, hay ride, pumpkin picking, sack races... totally brings out the kid in you! I hadn't laughed or smiled that big in a while. Just check out their website. There's adorable events for every season, and it's literally just a train ride away. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda upset that I just missed their Easter Egg Hunt...



No comments:

Post a Comment